OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 HEALTH CONCERNS
Updates Regarding Local 9Round Clubs Reopening - Updated April 29, 2020
As more states and local areas decide to allow gyms to reopen, we want to make you fully aware of the standards you can expect inside local 9Round clubs. In addition to our new corporate policies, our gyms have been instructed to follow all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines. While we’ve had to make some changes to our normal operating procedures, we are committed to delivering the signature “Killer” Workout our members know and love! Please read below for more details about the changes we have made.
Upon reopening, there will be a new booking option in the 9Round Member Portal. Although it may cause some inconvenience, we believe that it is important for the health and safety of our members and trainers to maintain a reduced capacity in our club and allow time for our new increased cleaning protocol between sessions. So, in order to secure a workout time, members will need to schedule their desired workout time through the Member Portal. Some 9Round clubs may also have adjusted hours to help them accommodate these changes. Please visit your local club’s website to see their current hours.
Updated Operational Procedures
In addition to the new workout booking feature, we also have implemented the following policies for our clubs.
- Requiring all trainers to wear masks and regularly wash their hands while working in the gym; trainers will be required to stay home if they are ill
- Potentially requiring members to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth while working out – this will be decided at the local club level
- Following all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines
- Requesting that you book your workout time to secure your spot and minimize crowding at the gym and enable physical distancing
- Encouraging members to leave all belongings in their car and to minimize the use of lockers
- Spraying and wiping down all frequently touched surfaces (including doorknobs, countertops, bathroom fixtures, etc.) with sanitizing solutions every hour
- Sanitizing all smaller gym equipment (such as jump ropes or dumbbells) after each use and all punching bags each hour
- Taping off designated areas at each workout round in our circuit to maintain the recommended distance between people throughout the workout
- Discontinuing the use of public water fountains, the wrap roller, or the ring gong
- Removing all Trainer Led Drills from the workout and eliminating partner workouts and punch parties during the last 30 seconds of any round (only one person will be allowed at a station at a time)
- Maintaining recommended distancing while demonstrating each round’s exercise and eliminating high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- Ensuring anyone using our demo gloves wears nitrile or vinyl disposable gloves underneath the demo gloves, and thoroughly cleaning the demo gloves after each use
- Mopping the floor mats and cleaning the entire club twice each day
Additionally, for the safety of themselves and others, there are some guidelines that we are requesting our members follow in order to help us maintain a safe environment for working out.
- Follow all CDC guidelines regarding personal hygiene and stay home if you are feeling ill in any capacity, or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19
- Leave as many belongings as possible in your car and enter the club fully prepared with your hands already wrapped and your PULSE heart rate monitor on
- Enter and exit the club quickly without standing around in the lobby area – we will signal you when it’s time to enter and assign you to a round as you come in
- Stay within the marked areas at each round, as this helps you maintain the recommended distance from other members who are working out
- If desired, bring your own water bottle, as we will not allow people to use the public drinking fountain (bottled water may be available for purchase at your local club)
- If desired, bring your own towel to wipe sweat off the floor during your workout (towels may be available for purchase at your local club)
- Remove your hand wraps and your PULSE heart rate monitor outside the club after your workout
- Leave all family members who are not working out at home (guests may not wait in the lobby area of the club)
With these new standards in place, we feel confident that our clubs will be able to provide a safe environment for working out. We want to thank the entire 9Round Nation for the continued support while our gyms have been closed and for participating in the at-home workouts provided to continue getting stronger, mentally and physically, during this time. Your support is deeply appreciated.
A Message from Our Founders
At 9Round Fitness, our number one priority is the health and safety of our franchise owners, employees, and members. We have acted as quickly as possible to abide by all safety recommendations and requirements. As we continuously adapt to this fluid situation, we will be updating this page to answer some common questions you may have.
We want you to know that your local 9Round is run by people who are likely your neighbors. Your support during this time can help keep your local community’s economy healthy and is greatly appreciated.
The 9Round Home Office team has been working around the clock to safely produce and deliver at-home workout videos that all active 9Round members can have access to while we’re closed. This is how we are able to stay focused on our mission of ‘stronger in 30 minutes,’ even though it’s from a distance.
Please know that by choosing to keep your membership active during this time, you’re able to have a huge impact on whether or not your local 9Round club will be able to reopen in the future. We hope you will continue your membership and take advantage of our at-home workouts until your local club can reopen.
We know many of you may have questions about your membership and billing at this time. Since each 9Round club is locally owned and operated, all questions regarding the specifics of your membership must go through your local 9Round club. You can find more information on this and other common questions in the FAQ section below.
Keep your bodies healthy, as well as your minds. Take care of your families and let’s all try to enjoy the extra time we have to reflect on what’s most important to us.
To those who have continued to support us and our local franchise owners, we are eternally grateful, and we can’t wait until we can kick it with you again soon! Until then, stay strong, 9Rounders!
Shannon Hudson and Heather Hudson